British Tourism & Travel Show – the largest domestic tourism showcase of the year opens at 10am at the NEC Birmingham today. Thousands of domestic tour operators, travel organisers and agencies from across Britain and Ireland are expected to attend.
Here’s some of today’s seminar highlights:
- TravelGBI’s panel discussion: featuring George Clode, editor of TravelGBI; Tina Price, TP Tourism Consultants; Chris Coillet, Rabbies Tours; & Helena Beard, China Travel Outbound
- The evolution of TripAdvisor: Leanne Thompson, UK key account manager at TripAdvisor
- Overcoming the unforeseen: Benjamin Mee – inspiration for the Hollywood film We Bought a Zoo, author and zookeeper at Dartmoor Zoo
- The Tourism Society’s Question Time panel: featuring Bernard Donoghue FTS, director of Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA); Manon Antoniazzi, director of culture, sport and tourism at the Welsh Government; Lynne Raeside, head of business affairs at VisitScotland; Peter Nash, head of strategy development & insights at Tourism Ireland; & Anthony Pickles, head of tourism affairs at VisitBritain
- Overcoming the disruption in UK travel: Alexander Göransson, lead analyst – services & payments at Euromonitor International
The show will feature over 260 leading visitor attractions, venues, destinations, hotels, transport providers, associations and DMOs.
To view the full exhibitor list, please visit www.tourismshow.co.uk/who-exhibits.
The British Tourism & Travel show is open today and tomorrow in Hall 8 at the NEC Birmingham from 10am – 5pm (last entry 4pm).